Old Photo of cargo ship Ionic burning oil
British registered cargo vessel Ionic (IMO 5162530) near Avonmouth, UK in 1977.
The cargo ship Ionic was built in 1959 by Cammell Laird, Birkenhead, UK. She measured loa 156.2m, beam of 21.5m and 11,161 tons. The Ionic changed name in 1978 to Glenparva and was scrapped one year later at Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
With thanks and © P.W. Hobday.
Picture added on 08 July 2008