British cargo ship 'Ozarda' of 1940
London-registered general cargo ship "Ozarda" (6,895 tons gross, completed in January 1940 by Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow), owned by British India S.N. Co., London, at anchor off Cochin (now Kochi), India, in July 1970. The month after this photo was taken she was sold to Epidavros Cia. Nav. S.A., Panama, & renamed "Epidavros", & scrapped at Kaohsiung in 1972. In anticipation of her sale she is flying a long white "paying-off pennant" from the mainmast & below it is displaying an oversized red "battle ensign".
Picture added on 23 January 2014 at 08:24