Pakistani passenger ship 'Safina-e-Hujjaj'
Pakistani passenger ship "Safina-e-Hujjaj" (19,116 tons gross, built by Blohm & Voss, Hamburg), owned by Pan Islamic Steamship Co., Karachi, at anchor off Karachi in August 1967. She was completed in 1935 as the 17,528-ton transatlantic liner "Potsdam" for Norddeutscher Lloyd. At the end of World War II she was confiscated by the British Government who in 1946 renamed her first "Empire Jewel" & then "Empire Fowey". She was re-engined & refitted as a troopship by Alexander Stephen & Sons, Glasgow, between 1947 & 1950 and then placed under the management of P&O S.N. Co. She was bought by Pan Islamic in 1960 & scrapped at Gadani Beach in 1976.
Picture added on 20 November 2013 at 09:57