Indian cargo ship 'Mahabharat' of 1959
Indian cargo ship "Mahabharat" (6,793 tons gross, built by Harland & Wolff Ltd., Govan), owned by South East Asia Shipping Pte. Ltd. of Bombay, at anchor off Khor-al-Amaya, Iraq, in 1971. She was built in 1959 as "Bankura" for the British India S.N. Co., London, & bought by S.E.A. in 1971. She was sold in 1980 to Lian Soon Shipping & Trading Co, Singapore, & renamed "Cherry Singa" and broken up at Bhavnagar (Alang), India, in 1983.
Picture added on 03 April 2013 at 09:10