Adrastus at Birkenhead
Forward part of Adrastus safely docked in Western Shiprepairers #1 dock in Birkenhead in Sept 1974.
Adrastus was built in 1953 by Vickers Armstrong in Newcastle for Ocean SS Co, (Blue Funnel) In 1961 she was transferred to the Dutch arm of Blue Funnel, NSM Oceaan with the same name. In Nov 1975 she reverted to Blue Funnel, and was sold to Greeks in 1978 becoming Anassa.
She was scrapped at Gadani beach in 1981.
She was the last survivor of the 21 Anchises class ships.
See also pictures:
Picture added on 29 September 2011 at 10:48